Frontline Multiplex Panel Testing and Reimbursement Challenges – From Respiratory to GastrointestinalApplied BioCode’s workshop will cover the following topics:
- Reimbursement challenges with syndromic panels.
- Impact of multiplex panel testing in patient care.
- Technical challenges and limitations associated with pathogen detection from stool samples.
- Demonstrate the clinical and analytical evaluation of the Applied BioCode CoV-2 Flu Plus* Assay using MagNA Pure 96 and KingFisher extraction systems.
- Describe how a multiplex panel testing approach could be implemented in a laboratory.
- Learn how to implement molecular testing services or expand your existing menu.
- Evolve content, formats, and throughput within a single platform for the most common infectious diseases including respiratory and gastrointestinal pathogen detection.
Kendra Pesko: Technical Director, Infectious Disease, TriCore Reference Laboratories
Dr. Pesko received her PhD from University of New Mexico in Biomedical Sciences. Her clinical laboratory experience began at the New Mexico Scientific Laboratory Division where she performed bioterrorism rule out testing and molecular assays supporting public health epidemiology. She has been at TriCore Reference Laboratories for the past four years, working primarily in assay development and the molecular infectious disease departments.
Title: Value of Multiplex Molecular Tests in Detecting Most Common GI Pathogens
Anami Patel: CSO, PathAI Diagnostics
Dr. Patel received his Ph.D. in Microbiology from University of Nagar in India and currently, he is the Chief Scientific Officer at PathAI Diagnostics in Memphis, TN. Dr. Patel’s lab is specialized in developing molecular microbiology, molecular pathology, genomics, as well as next generation sequencing tests in the areas of oncology, GI, women’s health, dermatology, and urology.
Title: Clinical and Analytical Evaluation of the Applied BioCode CoV-2 Flu Plus Assay Using MagNA Pure 96 and KingFisher Extraction Systems
Sajo Beqaj, PhD, HCLD, CC (ABB): Medical Laboratory Director
Dr. Sajo Beqaj is board certified in molecular pathology and genetics and licensed as a Bioanalyst and High Complexity Laboratory Director. He is serving as Laboratory Director at UltimateDx, Patients Choice Laboratories and PromisDx.. Dr. Beqaj received his Ph.D. in Pathology from Wayne State University Medical School, Detroit, Michigan. He performed his post-doctoral fellowship at Abbott Laboratories from 2001-2003 and with Children’s Hospital and Northwestern University from 2003-2005. Dr. Beqaj has been working in various aspects of test utilization and management since 2010. He has taught in several academic institutions and has published numerous medical textbook chapters and journal articles. He is a member of several medical and scientific associations including the Association of Molecular Pathology, AACC, and the Pan Am Society for Clinical Virology. He has served on several clinical laboratory regulatory and scientific committees and has assisted several laboratories and physicians as a Clinical Laboratory Consultant.